Making Lockdown a Spiritual Experience
with Swami Gyan Dharma
Saturday 4th July, 10.00 – 1.00pm
£25 / £15
“Making your present experience, thoughts and feelings a doorway to the present moment.”
We are very pleased to welcome Swami Gyan Dharma to teach our next online workshop!
This is a great theme for the times we are living through. The last few months have been challenging for all of us in one way or another, and for some people it has been a terrible time. We have all had an experience of being taken out of our usual habits and routines. Some of us have had extended periods of solitude … and others far less space than we are used to.
Yoga is about learning from our experiences, using them to understand ourselves more clearly, and developing flexibility in our outlook and our lives.
There are a few teachers who can really help us with this process and Swami Gyan Dharma is one of them.
Swami Gyan Dharma
Swami Gyan Dharma, was born in Denmark. At 25 years old he travelled to India and spent many years deepening his knowledge of Yoga. After leaving India he spent 10 years on retreat in a small village in Spain, developing his understanding and experience of Yoga and Meditative disciplines. Since the mid-1990s he has been teaching and making people aware of the spiritual dimension of life.
Swami Gyan Dharma is an exceptional Yoga teacher and is one of the few teachers in Europe with the skills & experience necessary to teach Yoga as a truly transformational practice.
- 10.00 – 10.50am : Chanting, Introduction & Meditation (Swami Gyan Dharma)
- 10.50 – 11.50am : Hatha Yoga (with Chris Noon)
- 11.50 – 12.00pm : Short break
- 12.00 – 1.00pm : Satsang and Meditation (Swami Gyan Dharma)
If you would like to put questions to Swami Gyan Dharma please email us and we will forward .
The fee for this workshop is £25.00.
If you cannot afford the full fee you can pay a reduced fee of £15.00.
We do not want anyone to miss this workshop for reasons of financial hardship.
If you cannot afford the reduced fee please contact us and you can pay less, or attend for free.
How to Book
Click on the button below to book online.
When you make your booking you will be sent a link to join the workshop on Zoom.
If you have never used Zoom before it is very straight forward. You can join the workshop through your phone, laptop, ipod / tablet or PC.
Tips for Online Yoga!
- A few minutes before the workshop starts, click on the link you received when you booked.
- The link might go straight to the workshop OR it might ask you to download Zoom first. If you need to download Zoom, it is very quick & easy.
- If the sound on your phone, laptop or PC is not so good you can buy bluetooth headphones, or plug in speakers and that will improve your experience of the classes.
- For the posture work, apart from when we the teacher is demonstrating try to follow the verbal instructions rather then looking at the screen.
- You can decide yourself if you want the camera on or off during the class. Your microphone will be turned off.
- Prepare a space for doing yoga. Make sure you aren’t disturbed by people, pets or phones during the class.
- You will need a yoga mat, a blanket for the deep relaxation and maybe a cushion for the meditation.
- During the meditation and relaxation, it is best if you practise in a semi-dark room.
- For meditation, be comfortable! You may sit on the floor with cushions etc, or on a chair.
from Yoga Days Info, posted June 2020