Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions concern the workshops and courses run by SYS Courses. The term ‘workshops and courses’ applies to any workshop, weekend, extended course, online event, training or any other activity hosted by SYS Courses whether it is taught by in house teachers or by external teachers or trainers.
1. These Terms & Conditions are incorporated into the online booking system.
2. The Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
3. SYS Courses may change these Terms & Conditions at any time, in which case the amended Terms & Conditions will be posted on our website and will apply from the date we post them, with the exception that any registrations or bookings that we have already accepted from you before the new Terms are posted will continue to be subject to the Terms & Conditions in force when your registration was accepted. Please check these Terms & Conditions on each occasion you use our website or make a booking. If you continue to use our website you will be bound by the latest Terms & Conditions.
4.1. By taking part in one of our workshops and courses you accept responsibility for your own health and safety. Please ensure that you are fit and well enough to take part in yoga practice. If necessary you should obtain medical advice before undertaking any yoga practice. Before taking part in any of workshops and courses you must notify us of any circumstances affecting your mental or physical health which may be exacerbated by yoga practice. SYS Courses accepts no liability for any injury caused by the failure to follow instructions from the teacher or due to non-disclosure of medical conditions, injury or physical impairment.
4.2. SYS Courses advises you not to undertake any yoga activities without first seeking medical advice if you have any concerns over your mental or physical health condition.
4.3. Women who are over fourteen weeks pregnant can take part in our Yoga for Pregnancy courses without any prior experience of yoga practice. Women over fourteen weeks pregnant are also welcome to take part in other workshops and courses, on the basis that they have some prior yoga experience and that they inform SYS Courses in advance that they are pregnant. We regret that women who are less than twelve weeks pregnant and have no prior yoga experience are not allowed to take part in our workshops and courses.
4.4. SYS Courses reserves the right to refuse access to any person if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the mental or physical health of the individual concerned may be endangered by taking part in a workshop or course.
5. By joining our online workshops and courses you automatically accept full responsibility for your own safety and recognise that in absence of a teacher physically present to advise you, it is your duty to take full responsibility to ensure that you stay within your physical limits. Neither SYS Courses nor the instructor shall bear any responsibility for any injury sustained within the scope of your participation in our on-line workshops and courses.
6.1. Your place in any of our workshops and courses is only confirmed once full payment has been made in advance. Payments for workshops and courses with SYS Courses are non-refundable. If you need to cancel your place SYS Courses will endeavour to find a replacement to fill your place and if a replacement is found we will issue a refund of your payment (minus a reasonable administration fee), or we will offer to hold your payment (with no administration fee) as credit towards another workshop or course.
6.2. At their discretion SYS Courses may waive this cancellation policy in exceptional circumstances and issue a refund, or offer to credit your payment, without a replacement being found. Details and reasons must be given at the time of cancellation, and these will then be given due consideration.
6.3. In the event of SYS Courses cancelling a workshop or course we will refund all outstanding deposits and payments you have paid. However, in these circumstances we cannot compensate you for airfare, travel, accommodation or any other costs incurred. If there are extra costs involved with attending one of our workshops or courses we recommend that you get travel insurance to cover any expenses which may result from the event being cancelled. If a course is cancelled after it has started but before it is completed the amount refunded will be proportional to the number of days or sessions remaining.
6.4. In the unlikely event that we must cancel or reschedule a workshop or course due to force majeure (including but not limited to; weather, strike, pandemic, natural disaster, or political upheaval) we cannot guarantee a refund. To cover these risks, we highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
6.5. SYS Courses cannot be held responsible for an instructor becoming unavailable. If a teacher becomes unavailable we will ensure that they are replaced by another teacher. If a replacement teacher is unavailable and a workshop or course has to be cancelled the terms of cancellation described above will apply.
7. Personal belongings are brought to our workshops and courses at your own risk and SYS Courses does not accept liability for any loss or damage whatsoever to such items. For security reasons you are advised to keep valuables with you at all times and not leave them in changing rooms or elsewhere in the venue.
8. Unless express permission is given, you are not allowed to photograph, copy, duplicate or video any material provided during one of our workshops and courses. In general, it is usually permissible to make notes during a workshop or course but audio and video recordings cannot be made without the express permission from the instructor.
9. By taking part in an online workshop or course you agree not to record the sessions or to share links with any other person without express permission from SYS Courses.
10. If you require clarification of any of these Terms & Conditions please contact SYS Courses before attending any of our workshops and courses.