Teaching Meditation : A Training Module for Yoga Teachers
September – November 2020
Sheffield Yoga School, Sheffield, S6 3TA
About the Course
This comprehensive training course aims to create firm foundations for the teaching of meditation, starting from an approach to asana & pranayama based on observation and awareness.
It follows the traditional path to meditation as laid out in Classical Yoga texts such as the Hath Yoga Pradipika. Various approaches & techniques of meditation will be explored. The course provides an integrated system and approach to meditation grounded in asana, pranayama & other lesser known practices from the yoga tradition.
The course is sadhana based and participants will be guided through a daily home practice. This guided practice begins one month before the first weekend of the course and continues for at least one month after the last meeting.
• Recordings from the sessions will be provided for home practice.
• Support & guidance from the tutor will be given throughout the course.
• The training is based on practices developed by the Bihar School of Yoga.
The course will cover:
- The necessity for personal experience & sadhana as a learning tool
- Grounding the teaching of meditation in asana and pranayama
- Working with the body and breath as the vehicles of meditation
- Yama and Niyama and their relationship to meditation
- Yoga psychology and the mind
- Understanding the experience of pratyahara
- The principles underlying moving from the gross to the subtle
- The meditation techniques of Kaya Sthairyam (body stillness) and Antar Mouna (inner silence)
- The use of sound, mantra and breath as meditation tools
The Tutor : Brahmananda
Brahmananda is an extremely knowledgeable teacher. His approach is clear, systematic and down to earth. He has the skills and experience to provide the highest quality of training in the teaching of Yoga.
The fee for this course is £540.00.
The deposit is £150.00
Course dates (2020):
- 26th & 27th September
- 24th & 25th October
- 28th & 29th November
Saturdays 10.30am – 5.00pm / Sundays 10.00am – 4.00pm
Venue : Sheffield Yoga School, South Rd, Sheffield. S6 3TA
from Yoga Days Info, posted October 2019