About our Classes
The health benefits of Yoga postures are well documented but there is so much more to Yoga than just the stretches.
In our classes we teach a wide range of Yoga practices, including posture work, breathing techniques, Deep Relaxation, Hatha Yoga Cleansing Practices, Meditation / Mindfulness and more.
Everyone can benefit from Yoga and whatever your starting point you will find a warm welcome in our classes.
Our classes include :
- Posture work : to improve health, strength and flexibility.
- Breathing practice : to make sure your body is breathing correctly.
- Pranayama : breathing techniques which raise vitality, promote relaxation, improve health & well-being.
- Meditation / Mindfulness : for balance, clarity of thought and steadiness of mind.
- Relaxation : Yoga Nidra is a core practice in Satyananda Yoga and an exceptional deep relaxation technique. You will also learn simple relaxation techniques for use whenever you need them.
- Home Practice : Regular practice is key to the wonderful benefits of Yoga. We offer on-going support and guidance for home practice, including illustrated handouts.
At Sheffield Yoga School we take a systematic approach to developing our Yoga practice.
It is important to get the foundations of your Yoga practice right. If you learn the correct approach to Yoga from day one everything else will follow on smoothly.
Sheffield Yoga School Classes
For further information click on the class you are interested in :
- Beginner Yoga Classes
- Intermediate Yoga Classes
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Mother & Baby Yoga Classes
- Daytime Classes (Yoga for All)
- Yoga for Respiratory Health
- Yoga & Meditation
- Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach so do not eat just before the class and avoid a big meal for around three hours before the class.
- Avoid clothing that will restrict your movement – jeans for example.
- Bring a blanket or something to make sure that you are warm during the relaxation at the end.